TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Supported Source PIMS for Data Conversion
- Data Pull Methods
- Data Conversion Preparation
- Data Conversion Project Outline
- Sample Data Conversion Project Timeline
- Standard Data Conversion Fields
Supported Source PIMS for Data Conversion
|PIMS||Data Pull Method||Time from Data Pull to Initial Data Release (Trial Phase)*||Expected Final Conversion Processing Time*|
|Avimark||Covetrus Connect (Auto)||1 Week||1 -4 Hours|
|ClienTrax||Manual Extract to sFTP||3 Weeks||4-7+ Hours|
|Complete Clinic||Manual Extract to sFTP||3 Weeks||1-4 Hours|
|Cornerstone||Covetrus Connect (Auto)||1 Week||4-7+ Hours|
|DVM Manager||Manual Extract to sFTP||2 Weeks||1-4 Hours|
|DVMax||Manual Extract to sFTP||2 Weeks||4-7+ Hours|
|EzyVet||Cloud Vendor Links||3 Weeks||1-4 Hours|
|Hippo Manager||Cloud Vendor Links||3 Weeks||4-7+ Hours|
|ImproMed/VeTech Advantage||Manual Extract to sFTP||2 Weeks||1-4 Hours|
|ImproMed Infinity/Equine||Manual Extract to sFTP||2 Weeks||4-7+ Hours|
|IntraVet Flat||Manual Extract to sFTP||2 Weeks||1-4 Hours|
|IntraVet SQL||Manual Extract to sFTP||3 Weeks||4-7+ Hours|
|Neo||Cloud Vendor Links||3 Weeks||1-4 Hours|
|V-Tech Platinum||Manual Extract to sFTP||3 Weeks||1-4 Hours|
|VETport**||Cloud Vendor Links||3 Weeks||1-4 Hours|
|Vetter***||Cloud Vendor Links||3 Weeks||1-4 Hours|
* Times are estimates based on average data copy quality and sizes. Time from Data Pull to Release and/or Final Conversion Processing Time is subject to change and may vary depending on data quality, size, or if customization is required during the conversion.
** Only VetPort is supported for data conversion. VETport NextGen is NOT supported.
*** Vetter recently rebranded as "DaySmart Vet." We do not yet know if there have been any changes to the data format or structure that could impact compatibility with our existing tools.
Data Pull Methods
Covetrus Connect (Automated)
- Utility to be installed on source PIMS server for unattended data extraction and conversion.
- Conversion scheduled to run at time of low or no system use (typically overnight).
- Important: Internet access on the PIMS server is required.
- File attachments are manually uploaded to sFTP by a Covetrus Data Specialist and processed manually by a Data Conversions Engineer.
Cloud Vendor Links
- The practice administrator must contact the Cloud PIMS Vendor to request a copy of data and file attachments.
- Most Cloud Vendors will provide links to download the data and attachments.
- Practice administrators can send links to their assigned Trainer or Data Specialist, which are passed along to the Data Conversions team for download and processing.
- Note: If Cloud Data is not provided in a supported format or missing required fields, it may extend Data Conversion processing time.
Manual Extract to Secure File Transfer Protocol (sFTP)
- Extraction scheduled with Data Specialist.
- Data Specialist connects via Teamviewer to PIMS server and manually uploads a compressed version of the data and file attachments to the Data Conversions team using sFTP.
- Note: XXL databases or file attachment folders may require alternative data upload process depending on internet speed and available server hard drive space.
Data Conversion Preparation
|Plan for Workflow Changes|
|Plan for Historical Data|
|Organize||Standardize Data Formats & Terminology|
|Categorize and Organize Data|
Remove Duplicate Entries
Remove Outdated or Irrelevant Data
Data Privacy and Security
|Revise||Fill Incomplete Records|
Review Data Integrity
Data Conversion Project Outline
Thank you for choosing Pulse™ as your new software solution. We understand that transitioning from one veterinary software to another can be a complex process, and we are committed to ensuring a smooth and efficient data conversion for your clinic. This guide aims to provide you with an overview of the data conversion process and important steps to follow.
Step 1: Preparing for Trial Data Conversion
Welcome call with your Pulse Training Specialist: We will contact you to schedule a consultation session. During this session, we will gather information about your current veterinary software, discuss your data conversion requirements, and establish a timeline for the process.
Backup your data: Before initiating the data conversion process, it is crucial to create a backup of your existing data. This ensures that your data remains intact and accessible during the transition.
Review and Prepare your data: Before initiating the data conversion process, please review our recommended Data Conversion Preparation steps. The quality of your data in Pulse correlates to the quality and accuracy of the data in your source system. We do not cleanse or change your data during the conversion process.
Step 2: Data Extraction
Data extraction: Our technical team will work closely with you to extract the required data from your current software system. This process may involve exporting data in standard formats like CSV (Comma-Separated Values) or SQL (Standard Query Language) databases. In some cases, we may require an installation of Covetrus® Connect on your server to pull the required data through an API connection. Read more about our Data Pull Methods.
Step 3: Data Mapping and Transformation
Data mapping: Our experts will analyze the extracted data and map it to the appropriate fields in Pulse. This ensures that the data is correctly structured and organized within the new system. We may need your assistance to validate certain mappings and ensure accuracy.
Data transformation: In some cases, data extracted from your current software may require transformation or cleansing to fit the format and structure of Pulse. Our technical team will perform these necessary transformations to ensure seamless integration.
Step 4: Data Import and Verification
Import data: Once the data mapping and transformation are complete, we will import the converted data into Pulse. Our team will carry out this process diligently to maintain data integrity and minimize any potential disruptions.
Data verification: We highly recommend reviewing the imported data to verify its accuracy and completeness. We will provide guidelines and assistance in conducting this verification process to ensure a successful data conversion.
Step 5: Training and Support
Training sessions: As part of our commitment to your success, we will provide comprehensive training sessions for your staff to become familiar with the features and functionality of Pulse.
Ongoing support: Our dedicated support team will be available to address any questions or concerns that may arise during the initial stages of using Pulse. Please don’t hesitate to reach out to us for assistance or clarification.
Step 6: Final Data Conversion
Final data conversion: On go-live day, our technical experts will perform the final data conversion with the latest copy of your source data.
Sample Data Conversion Project Timeline
Day 1: Initial data pull and start data conversion process. This process includes data extraction, transformation to a standard format, conversion to Pulse, and a thorough Data Quality review.
Day 21: Trial conversion complete. Your Pulse Training Specialist will notify you that your data is available for verification and auditing.
Day 35: Data verification and auditing should be completed within the first two weeks. A timely data audit ensures our technical team can address any issues or questions with your converted data well before your final conversion.
Day 63: Final conversion and Pulse Go-Live Day
Standard Data Conversion Fields
- Appointment Calendar
- Client List and Client Demographic Details
- Patient List and Patient Demographic Details
- Employee List
- Accounts Receivable
- Patient Letter Reminders and Callbacks
- Patient Medical History
- Inventory Vendors
- Inventory and Procedures Lists
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry! We couldn't be helpful
Thank you for your feedback
We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article